Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I just went through the alignment process by the product…

Customer Question
I just went through...

I just went through the alignment process by the product directions and was told alignment complete. Put a paper on the glass & pressed copy but paper comes out blank.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Epson XP-410

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your XP-410?

It started misalignment weeks ago and just never got back to see how to correct. Today was the day as will need the printer this weekend.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

A less then a week ago.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I'm not very adapt at this tech knowledge so I have no idea what else to do. The vertical lines on the paper I tried printing awhile ago are a half inch wide.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
11/29/2017
Technician: Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist replied 7 months ago
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please try the following and let me know the response.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.

Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself. Inside means the printhead where the cartrdige seats.

Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.

If any of the cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.

Then turn off the machine and unplug it for 5 minutes.

Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message.

Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

I wrote down all the instructions but cannot go through the process at this time. Is there a way I can reach you or someone tomorrow? I may need new ink or may have an added question. I don't understand the securely connect fixing the problem if it has something to do with an ink cartridge.

Secure connect is an auto generated link and you can ignore it in this case. Please be back when you get time and let me know the response.

Thank you.

To recontact with you, do I go to Epson online and "Technician" with your name. Please advise.

Please come back to the same justanswer page. Please bookmark this page, so you can be back anytime.

Thank you.

Thank you.

Take your time and be back with the result.

Thank you.

Stefin - I removed the four cartridges and it appears at the contact point the yellow may be leaking. I am unable to leave the house at present to purchase; but, with the other cartridges not inserted, is it okay to be reinstalled at a later date? Are they apt to dry up? I never use color but guess I don't have a choice. Product never stated that a cartridge was low.
Also, I think somehow I'm involved with some contract with Epson. If so, I definitely do not want. It was my understanding that I only had to put a $5 deposit down just in good faith that I would get information from you. My account has been credited for $33. Please cancel everything if this is what is involved. Gayle
Please someone let me know as soon as possible that my prior update was received.
Shefin - I believe I have forwarded two answer’s back to you. I’m waiting for a response as questioning how many ink cartridges I need to purchase.