Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a mfc 7860dw printer attached locally to this

Customer Question
I have a mfc...

I have a mfc 7860dw printer attached locally to this computer. It shows up but I cannot print. I suspect I don't have the appropriate driver.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?

I have an HP 600 with Windows 10.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your 7860DW?

Just started after I upgraded to windows 10, last week.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Last week.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/29/2017
Technician: Ashik, Technician replied 4 months ago
Ashik, Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Are you able to make copies from the printer itself, without using computer ?

Unknown
Can you send me the driver I need?
The printer is working ok making copies.
do not want remote assistance....goodbye

Then this is drive issue. On computer, press Windows and R keys and this will bring Run. Type control printers and press enter. This will bring Printers and Devices. Right click on your printer name and click Remove Device.

Go to this website --> http://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadlist.aspx?c=us_ot&lang=en&prod=mfc7860dw_all&os=10013

Download the " Full Driver & Software Package"

Open the downloaded file and follow the onscreen instructions to install the printer with latest drivers.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

Secure remote is completely optional and it was an automatic offer from this site. You can ignore it. Then this is drive issue. On computer, press Windows and R keys and this will bring Run. Type control printers and press enter. This will bring Printers and Devices. Right click on your printer name and click Remove Device.

Ashik, Technician