Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have the canon mx922 printer and have a support code 5011…

Customer Question
I have the canon...

I have the canon mx922 printer and have a support code 5011 preventing me from printing.

Technician's Assistant: Is your MX922 displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?

I tried shutting the machine and also unplugging. But it is still not printing. What can I do? thanks guy

Technician's Assistant: The Printer Technician will be able to walk you through that. When did you last update the printer driver software?

Not sure? how is this done?

Technician's Assistant: The Printer Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No, thank you

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
11/29/2017
Technician: Specialist Sean S., Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Specialist Sean S.
Specialist Sean S., Computer Support Specialist

Good morning/afternoon! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you today!

What version of Windows do you have and when did the problem first start?

Windows 10. Problem started a few days ago. After unplugging first time, it printed. Now it is not printing.

Okay. Can you try this please.

1) Turn the printer off

2) Lift the lid of the printer (including the scanner portion)

3) While the lid is open, turn on the printer

Let me know the result please

I lifted the cover, shut it off and still got the error code? How do you lift the scanner portion?
Technician: Josh, Technician replied 7 months ago
Josh, Technician

I can see that you requested a new expert.

The error 5011 is a carriage holder issue where the ink cartridge carriage will not move to the center.

Unplug the power cord

Move the carriage to the center and remove all of the ink then insert it back firmly into the carriage and close the lid

Now plug it back in and power it on

Do you still have the issue?

Let me try it now

Let me know

Still warming up

Take your time

Still got the error code?

How old is the printer?

About 2 years

Please check the paper feed and print head areas of the printer to verify that there are no other obstructions in the printer that may be causing the error.

Nothing that I see.

Unfortunately, the error that you are experiencing is an internal failure which would require repair/replacement. The bad news is that your printer is outside of warranty and it would cost more to repair the printer than to buy a new one. You can purchase a new one for around $50-$60 at a local electronics store such as Best Buy.