Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

How do I scan a document on my Laser Jet Pro 400 MFP M475dw…

Customer Question
How do I scan...

How do I scan a document on my Laser Jet Pro 400 MFP M475dw printer?

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?

A Dell Latitude laptop computer with Windows 7

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your LaserJet?

The printer does not appear to have come with a scanner utility. I can scan to it from another workstation on the network with another manufacturers utility.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No. I would just like to know how to obtain the scanner utility. There does not appear to be anything online.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Printers
11/29/2017
Technician: Specialist Sean S., Computer Support Specialist replied 9 months ago
Specialist Sean S.
Specialist Sean S., Computer Support Specialist

Good morning/afternoon! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you today!

Do you just want to able to scan from the printer to your computer?

I'm looking for the app or utility to accomplish this. The print driver for this printer does not have a scan app even though it is a scanner. HP is no help.

Sure. I can find this for you. Do you know if you have the 32-bit for 64-bit for Windows 7?

I have the 64-bit version.
Thanks.

Hi...here's the link for the software that you're looking for. It's either in the FULL SOFTWARE AND DRIVERS set OR the SOFTWARE ePRINT app. Let me know the results please --> SCANNER APP SOFTWARE

Let me know if that answers your questions or if you have anymore and I'll be happy to help. Also, please take a moment to rate my service using the stars below when we're finished. Thanks!

The link is to the standard printer driver, which of course I already have. There is does not appear to be a separate utility to perform a scan from the desktop like all other typical all-in-one machines. Currently it is only possible to scan from the printer through it's on board display screen using a thumb drive.
I'm looking for a desktop utility that will allow me to place a document in the paper feeder and scan, like all other typical all-in-one machines.
Thanks.

That should be part of the full driver and software package. There's been several cases where it doesn't work following an update. I'm very confident I can get this to work, but would need to see more about your setup first so I can best gauge the next step. Can I offer a remote support session which should enable me to see what you're seeing and fix this quicker?