Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

We purchased our Brother DCP 1510 printer in Jan 2016

Customer Question
Good afternoon, Technician's Assistant:...

Good afternoon,

Technician's Assistant: Hi. How can I help?

We purchased our Brother DCP 1510 printer in Jan 2016 (approx).

Technician's Assistant: What Brother model do you have?

We went overseas in March 2016 for 1 year. (printer NOT used for 1 year) and have been home since March 2017. I purchased a new printer cartridge (geniune) in late June of this year. We have only printed approx 350 pages and the toner has run out????

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Brother printer?

Approx 3 weeks now -- the last document I printed was approx 150 pages and it was very very faint - Close to not be able to be read. There is obviously a problem, as I would think you would get 1000's of pages from a large toner catridge?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

I do not know. How do you do that please?

Technician's Assistant: The Printer Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

NO thats ok. Thank you

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/29/2017
Technician: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 9 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

WE brought the new cartridge in late June this year. We were away for 1 month after that and just recently printed 150 pages ) in the last 3 weeks or so) The print was very very faint and now says replace toner. It CANT have run out after only about 350 pages in total since June.

Ok - can you unplug the printer from the power supply while the printer is off and hold in the power button on it for 30 seconds.
Let me know done
Regards
Kris

OK I have done this now

OK great. Has this helped?

Thanks

Kris