Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

We're just wondering about the fax. If we want to receive a…

Customer Question
We're just wondering about...

We're just wondering about the fax. If we want to receive a fax do we have a certain fax number we need to use? Or would we just use our home phone number? Thank you.

Technician's Assistant: Are your device's other functions (printing, copying, scanning, etc.) working fine?

Yes.

Technician's Assistant: When did this fax issue begin?

My husband wants to have medical records faxed here and we're not sure if there's a different fax number then our home phone.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

That's it.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
11/29/2017
Technician: Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 7 months ago
Moses C
Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer support, thank you for utilizing our service.
I will be assisting you today.

If you have a fax machine you can connect the landline phone to the fax machine and you dont need a separate phone line for using fax.

your existing phone can be connected to the parallel phone line on the fax.

if you can tell me the make/model of the fax or all in one printer i can provide you more details of fax setup.