Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a Brother FC-L2707DW printer. It is plugged in. But…

Customer Question
I have a Brother...

I have a Brother FC-L2707DW printer. It is plugged in. But it will not come on. I have pressed the power button. No response. Any suggestions?

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?

LG laptop. I have been printing from this same laptop for 9 months without issue, using the cable.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't know. I went ahead and changed the toner cartridge with replacement cartridge, but that didn't change anything.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
No.
11/29/2017
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 8 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Do you know when the printer was purchased?

Just over 1 year ago at Costco

Thank you for confirming,

Unfortunately, the issues you are experiencing are symptomatic of an internal hardware defect, meaning a faulty power supply or logic board. This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc).

There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation

unplug power at the wall outlet
wait 5 minutes
press and hold the stop/cancel button for 60+ seconds
keep holding while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after, then release

If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure.

This is something that would require repairs to correct; though they generally cost more to repair than to replace with a new printer. At over a year, it is past the factory warranty, but since you bought it at costco, you should be able to return it there and have them give you a new one.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.