Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Trying to wireless connect my mx492. It keeps asking for the…

Customer Question
Trying to wireless connect...

Trying to wireless connect my mx492. It keeps asking for the passphrase. I have put in the passcode, password, SSID and none have worked. There are no other words or numbers on it.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Cannor pixma 492 or mx 492

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your printer?

A while

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Never only had computer for a year or so. It came with Windows 10

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
11/28/2017
Technician: Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician replied 7 months ago
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician

I'm sorry about the issue. What is the make / model of your Internet modem/router device?
Do also you have a laptop / wireless computer that is currently connected via wireless? If yes, does it have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

my modem is a Motorola MG7315 and I have a computer with windows 10 wirelessly connected.

Thank you. If you know your exact Wi-Fi / wireless password (it is case-sensitive), then when you enter your Wi-Fi / wireless password ***** the printer, what exactly does it say?

The first step is to confirm your Wi-Fi / wireless password (also called passphrase or key.)

1. On your wireless Windows 10 computer, open Control Panel.
    ; (If needed, press at the same time the two keys Windows logo and R on the computer's keyboard, then type control then click OK, then the Control Panel window should open.)
  2. Open Network and Internet -> Network and Sharing Center.
  3. Then click on your wireless network name on the right of the item Connections.
  4. Then click on Wireless Properties.
  5. Then click on the Security tab.
  6. Then select the box at Show characters.
  7. Then you will see the Network security key above it, that is your Wi-Fi / wireless password (passphrase / key). It is case-sensitive.
    - Did you enter that on the printer? What's the exact error or message?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

Were you able to confirm the network security key with the steps I've provided above?

How is it going? Do you still need help with the printer issue?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.