Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My cannon MP610 has stopped scanning. It gets to the screen…

Customer Question
My cannon MP610 has...

My cannon MP610 has stopped scanning. It gets to the screen where I am supposed to place document on the glass ...... but I can not make anything more happen.

Technician's Assistant: Is there an error code on your printer when you try to scan?

No. Just nothing happens. For a while I could only get it to scan by using the computer to instruct it rather than using the buttons on the printer.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Probably ages ago! How do I do that?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so. Thank you.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Printers
11/28/2017
Technician: Jason Jones, Technician replied 9 months ago
Jason Jones, Technician

I am the person that will be helping you today. Before we begin, please, understand that responding to my questions does not cost more. Also, me responding does not cost more.

May I ask how the printer/scanner is connected to your system? (usb, wifi, network, etc)

I look forward to your response.

Thank you,
Jason

usb

Are you attempting to make the scan from the computer via an application or from the printer by pressing buttons on the printer?

Using the buttons on the printer

Please, unplug the power to the printer, plug it back in, and turn it on. When that is complete, attempt to scan another item. Are you able to get further in the process now?

How do I go about updating the printer soft ware?
I have tried switching it off and on and it doesn't make any difference.

How far along in the process do you reach?

It asks to put the document on the glass and press the scan button, but the scan button has no effect.....
Are you still there?

I am sorry for the wait. I am back now.

How old is the printer?