Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a WF -4630 that is less than 2 years old and I just…

Customer Question
I have a WF...

I have a WF -4630 that is less than 2 years old and I just changed the black ink cartridge and I have streaking. I put in another black cartridge and shook it well first, and I still have the streaking.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried running your printer's self-cleaning cycle? (Sometimes you have to run this several times to see results.)

I did not see how to do that. I am glad to try it. Please tell me how to find the sequence.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried wiping down the metal contacts on your printer and cartridges?

Do you mean the ones on the cartridge or in the computer or both?

Technician's Assistant: The Printer Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
11/28/2017
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed with any troubleshooting,please once unplug your device from the wall outlet wait for 2 minutes and plug it back in.
Let me know when this is done.

Thank you for being there to help.
I have unplugged the printer and have now plugged it in .
No. I do not want you connected to my device
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

Thank you and just to know these can be mostly fixed by cleaning the cradle that contains the ink cartridges.

Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

And kindly ignore the remote access message that is automatically generated by the website and I have no control over it.

How do I clean the cradle? What is the cradle?
Are you there?
I see that I should run the printer cleaning cycle. I do not see how to do that with this printer. Can you tell me how to do that?
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

sure, please hold.

am just checking with that.