Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

OUR FAX IS SET FOR DISTINCTIVE RINGER BUT WILL NOT ALLOW A…

Customer Question
OUR FAX IS SET...

OUR FAX IS SET FOR DISTINCTIVE RINGER BUT WILL NOT ALLOW A FAX TO COME THROUGH. I CHECKED AND IT SAYS TELEPHONE. HOW SHOULD I SET IT TO WORK?

Technician's Assistant: Are your device's other functions (printing, copying, scanning, etc.) working fine?

YES

Technician's Assistant: When did this fax issue begin?

WE HAD A PERSON SENDING A FAX AND IT TOTALLY UPSET THE CART...WE'VE HAD THE PHONE CO FIX SOMETHING THAT WAS WORKING RIGHT AND SET THE DISTINCTIVE RINGER ON. SINCE THEN, IT WILL RING ON THE CORRECT LINE, BUT WILL NOT GENERATE A FAX

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

NO THANK YOU

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 day by:
11/29/2017
Technician: Robert M., Consultant replied 7 months ago
Robert M., Consultant

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your printer question.

distinctive ring may not be what you think it is.

it is a distinctive ring set up BY THE PHONE COMPANY that will send you calls from two different lines to one number with a different ring tone. It really isnt used very much any more. It is very old business technology that allowed companies to put different number out while only paying for one physical line.

is that what you have ?

or are you thinking it will do something else