Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Just bought a canon mg2522 printer and it won't print. the…

Customer Question
Just bought a canon...

Just bought a canon mg2522 printer and it won't print. the symbol below the start button and the color ink button are flashing yellow

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your MG2522: wirelessly or by USB?

Usb

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

A little while ago

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No, thanks

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Printers
11/28/2017
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 9 months ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Has the printer ever worked, or produced even a setup page or an alignment page, at least?

OK... can you turn OFF the printer, by pulling the power plug on it?

If so, then do so... and wait about 10 minutes or 20, to let it cool off and reset.

(Meanwhile, Cancel any print jobs for this printer that may be remaining in the printer's queue... if you want instructions on how to do that, let me know whether your computer is Windows PC or Apple computer...)

Then plug it in again and see whether it comes up OK.

If the problem has persisted, I would advise you to pack up the printer again in original packaging, inform the seller or vendor or store that it is defective, and return it to them promptly for a return-and-exchange for another printer in fully working and usable condition.

Since I have not heard back from you, I am assuming that my work on your question was helpful and provided what you needed toward a solution.

If I have indeed answered your question, please rate my answer, using the five-star interface on your JustAnswer page. - A five-star rating would be appreciated. Thank you.

(This is your JustAnswer page, by the way, in case you need it cited here:

http://www.justanswer.com/printers/au2js-just-bought-canon-mg2522-printer-won-t-print.html )

(If this didn't answer your question, if you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond, and I will help you further to a solution.)