SorenX
SorenX, Technician
Experience:  Over ten years experience troubleshooting printers.
56108293

I have an HP Pavillion laptop and wish to know if I need an

Customer Question

I have an HP Pavillion laptop and wish to know if I need an adaptor to operate the computer in France where the electrical system is 220 volts and 50 hertz. Thanks! Bill
JA: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Pavilion?
Customer: The operating system that was installed on the computer when I purchased it in Toronto.
JA: What have you tried so far with your Pavilion? Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I have not tried to do anything with respect to this issue. My system is otherwise up to date.
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no.
Category: Printers
Expert:  SorenX replied 11 months ago.

Hi Bill,

Whether or not the power supply is compatible will depend on the voltage range. Some power supplies are dual-voltage and can operate on both systems. If you look on your power supply, it may specify a voltage range like 100-240 volts. If it does, then your power supply is dual-voltage, which is typically the case for HP power supplies.

However, in Europe the shape of the plugs are different so you will at least need an outlet adapter.

So if you want to be on the safe side, get the full electrical adapter. But at the very least, you will need a proper outlet adapter so that your power supply will fit.

If you have any other questions on this, just let me know!

NOTE: If you have no further questions, please use the rating box at the top of the page to rate the answer at least 3 STARS/OK SERVICE or better so that I receive credit for assisting you. Just click to rate.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
thanks for your advice!
Expert:  SorenX replied 11 months ago.

No problem, happy to help!

Please just use the rating box at the top of the page to rate the answer at least 3 STARS or better to close out our session. Just click to rate.