Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have an HP Pavillion laptop and wish to know if I need an…

Customer Question
I have an HP...

I have an HP Pavillion laptop and wish to know if I need an adaptor to operate the computer in France where the electrical system is 220 volts and 50 hertz. Thanks! Bill

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Pavilion?

The operating system that was installed on the computer when I purchased it in Toronto.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Pavilion? Have you installed any updates recently?

I have not tried to do anything with respect to this issue. My system is otherwise up to date.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Printers
11/28/2017
Technician: SorenX, Technician replied 9 months ago
SorenX
SorenX, Technician

Hi Bill,

Whether or not the power supply is compatible will depend on the voltage range. Some power supplies are dual-voltage and can operate on both systems. If you look on your power supply, it may specify a voltage range like 100-240 volts. If it does, then your power supply is dual-voltage, which is typically the case for HP power supplies.

However, in Europe the shape of the plugs are different so you will at least need an outlet adapter.

So if you want to be on the safe side, get the full electrical adapter. But at the very least, you will need a proper outlet adapter so that your power supply will fit.

If you have any other questions on this, just let me know!

NOTE: If you have no further questions, please use the rating box at the top of the page to rate the answer at least 3 STARS/OK SERVICE or better so that I receive credit for assisting you. Just click to rate.

thanks for your advice!

No problem, happy to help!

Please just use the rating box at the top of the page to rate the answer at least 3 STARS or better to close out our session. Just click to rate.