Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I'm getting a 5700 Service Error Message. Where is an

Customer Question
I'm getting a 5700...

I'm getting a 5700 Service Error Message. Where is an authorized Canon printer repair shop in Austin, TX?

Technician's Assistant: Is your Canon printer displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?

Yes it is.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I haven't ever updated it.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/28/2017
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed with any troubleshooting,please once unplug your device from the wall outlet wait for 2 minutes and plug it back in.
Let me know when this is done.

I have unplugged it repeatedly and that doesn't solve the problem as the same error message reappears.
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

May I know the model number of your printer please.

Canon Pixma ip100
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

Alright, Let me check and will let you know.

I mostly suspect this should be a hardware issue.

Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago
  1. Turn off the printer.
  2. Disconnect the power cable.
  3. Open the printer cover.
  4. Check for any orange protective tape or white polystyrene and remove if necessary.
  5. Check that there are no foreign objects in the printer (such as a paper clip) and remove if necessary.
  6. Close the cover.
  7. Reconnect and turn on.
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

If that didn't fix it you have to take the printer to service.

This is a hardware issue and am sorry we will not be able to fix it through this chat.