Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have an HP Officejet 100 Mobile Printer. I haven't used…

Customer Question
I have an HP...

I have an HP Officejet 100 Mobile Printer. I haven't used the printer for quite a while. I replaced both print cartridges. When I hit the print, for even a Word document, the paper does not feed and I get the flashing yellow light.

Technician's Assistant: Is this the first time you've had to change the ink for your OfficeJet?

I don't think so, but I have not used the printer for several months.

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to open the lid that covers the cartridges on your printer?

The lid opens.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
11/28/2017
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

Before we proceed with any troubleshooting,please once unplug your device from the wall outlet wait for 2 minutes and plug it back in.
Let me know when this is done.

Its done.
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

May I know where is the yellow light?

Flashing yellow light (button) next to the on-off button. It has a symbol of a piece of paper.
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

Alright, thank you for your information.Let me check.

Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

And let me know if the power light next to that is solid or blinking ?

The on-off button on the far right is a solid blue. The yellow flashing light (with the paper feed icon) is next to it on the immediate right.
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

The printer is out of paper. Follow these steps to load paper.

1. Lift the access cover.

2. Press the Power button () to turn on the product, if it is not already on.

3. Lift the paper tray.

NOTE:

Do not use torn or wrinkled paper, paper on a roll, or paper that is clipped or stapled.

4. Tap a stack of plain, white, unused paper on a hard surface to align the edges.

5. Load the stack of paper print-side up into the tray, and then adjust the paper width guide so it fits snugly against the side of the paper.

Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

Let me know what happens when you do that.

Am awaiting for your reply.

The paper is not grabbing and going through the feed. It's loaded correctly in the top.
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

We are going to reset the printer here.

To reset the printer, unplug and plug the power cord back in, and remove and reinsert the battery.

1. Press the Power button to turn on the printer.

2. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.

3. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

4. Slide the battery release slider to the left, and then pull out the right end and remove the battery.

5. Wait 10 minutes for the printer to reset.

6. Reinstall the battery.

7. Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.

8. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.

9. If the printer does not turn on by itself, press the Power button () to turn it on.

No. That didn't work either.
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

​Sorry to hear that, please try this.

1. Lift the paper tray.

2. Slide the paper width guide to its outermost position.

3. Insert the paper into the input tray, and then adjust the paper width guide so it fits snugly, but not tightly, against the stack of paper.

4. Try printing again.