Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My Ricoh sp C811dn printer seems to be stuck in "please

Customer Question
My Ricoh sp C811dn...

My Ricoh sp C811dn printer seems to be stuck in "please wait" mode. I replaced everything that is replaceable, including the toner reservoir (toners, fusers, transfer drum). My screen interface does not have numbers, so I can't input any number codes. I'm guessing that there presseing certain combination of keys (online, menu, job reset, escape, etc.) might be the answer, but haven't a clue really. Any ideas?

Technician's Assistant: What's the model of your printer?

Ricoh SP C811dn

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to open the lid that covers the cartridges on your printer?

No error messages. I can open the front access door that covers the cartridges.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I think I've covered it. Thank you.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 day by:
11/29/2017
Technician: R Hefner, Computer Engineer and Instructor replied 9 months ago
R Hefner
R Hefner, Computer Engineer and Instructor

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you.

So I understand the issue. The printer is in a please wait mode on the control panel of the printer. What do you see in the printer software on the computer.

the printer is stuck on "Please wait..." mode. Usually, after boot-up, there are other menus on the small screen that correlate to the three (3) buttons below it. Pressing all the other "standard" buttons that surround this board yields nothing.

Thank you for the photo. I will research the issue and I will be finding the solution for you.

R Hefner: Did you have any luck finding anything out about how to force a reset on my Ricoh Aficio SP C811dn? I just uploaded a new set of drivers on my Mac Pro tower, but, as I suspected, it didn't fix the problem. The problem appears to be with the startup sequence on the printer itself.