Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My printer printed several color photos yesterday morning…

Customer Question
My printer printed several...

My printer printed several color photos yesterday morning but the last two were not good copies. The black cartridge was low so I changed it and now nothing prints from my computer. I have re-inserted the cartridge, turned off the machine, re-started and run test copies. It give me a note that the usb is not compatible and I just need your help!!!

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?

Wireless

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Not sure

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Could someone just walk me thru and get me going.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
11/28/2017
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 7 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you connect the printer to a different USB port on your computer and then try to print

Tell me if it then prints please.

No, it did not print.
Not right now. I wonder if the configuration is not right.

Thank you

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Also I am getting a msg that the driver up date has a missing or out-dated driver.

Thank you

Let me know the results please

Still not printing
Could you just call me and walk me through this?

Is it still complaining about the driver?

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

Not at this time--

Not what at this time?

Just please continue
Just remote into my computer

ok, very confused here...

You asked me to step you through this, I offered you replied not at this time then did not respond to my question now you tell me to remote to your computer....

Can you please provide a clear reply to me so we cam continue?

please step me through this. I am very frustrated with this as I have tried to do it by myself all day yesterday. So yes, please step me through this.

again... Is it still complaining about the driver?

ok, I want to do a system restore please.
To do this, close all programs.
Press the windows key (the one to the left of the left ALT key) + R and type in the run box that opens
rstrui
Press enter
Then follow the onscreen steps to choose a system restore and choose a date before this problem occurred.
Let it complete and tell me if it now functions correctly please

It is still not working--so I have called someone to help me. What you told me to do did not help. Please refund money at this time. If I need your assistance again, I will get in touch with you. Thanks for trying to help me.

sure, you need to go here for this

ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund-0

Thanks

.;