Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have an MFC-7860 which is connected to a Mac Pro via

Customer Question
I have an MFC-7860...

I have an MFC-7860 which is connected to a Mac Pro via xfinitywifi. The status of both is "connected to xfinitywifi". Attempt to print fails with MacPro print status "printing - waiting for printer". Need help.

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?

Wireless finitywifi.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Had printer several years. Never updated printer driver software. Didn't know I should and don't know how.

Technician's Assistant: The Printer Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

This happened in October and Geek Squad fixed as I observed him with printer menu. He said it would never happen again and would not tell me what he did when I asked. Started to be a problem about two weeks ago on one of our two MacPro, now both. Has occurred with local wifi router and now with infinitywifi.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/28/2017
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 8 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Is continuing this chat going to be with additional charges?
I do not want to switch to remote assistance. In fact, I do not want to this chat assistance and would appreciate you canceling my Visa charges.

Ok.. I am confused why you did not do my initial instructions, but you can get a refund here

ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund-0