Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My Canon 9000 printer will not print Magenta. I first tried…

Customer Question
My Canon 9000 printer...

My Canon 9000 printer will not print Magenta. I first tried the cleaning cycle, then I replaced the cartridge, then I tried a new print head, same problem, then I tried a second new printhead (with a new different cartridge) from different seller and it still fails entirely to print Magenta. All other inks work great. In the past, replacing the cartridge as well as the print head has fixed the problem. I've tried blowing ink out of the full new cartridge and it has a lot in it.

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your 9000: wirelessly or by USB?

USB

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

It's been a long time. The computer is still running windows 7 and the printer driver has not been touched in a couple years.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

It can't be the printer driver. I've tried my personal PC as well as my Mac from work--which has a 10.11.6 El Capitan OS on it and I recently installed the driver for it.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
11/27/2017
Technician: Sudipto, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Sudipto, Engineer

Hi, I'm Sudipto. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Four things can cause this problem, one defective or empty cartridge, two defective or clogged printhead, three defective logic board and four corrupt firmware, now as you have already replaced the cartridge and printhead without any result, it means the problem is either corrupt firmware or defective logic board, unfortunately, in both the cases you have to send the printer to any repair facility, because Canon have not provided the firmware on their website and in case of logic board only repairing is cost effective otherwise if you need to replace the logic board, it will be much more cheaper to replace the whole printer.

Yeah. I was thinking I needed to replace the printer. It's old and I have a lot of consumables for it. I'll look on Ebay.I think the charge for your advice was $5.00, correct?MD

There is a free trial offer, call customer care for that and please do remember to give a positive rating, as that is the only way I am compensated for my time and effort.