Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

It says it’s out of paper but it isn’t. Also, the paper

Customer Question
Hi! It says it’s...

Hi! It says it’s out of paper but it isn’t. Also, the paper feeds through each time just fine but it still won’t print saying there’s no paper!

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Epson XP-410

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your printer?

It happened last week but I didn’t have time to mess with it. Now I’m trying to figure out the problem.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

I use the printer quite regularly and normally it works fine

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

It is happening regardless of the device I print from.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Printers
11/27/2017
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 9 months ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Can you do a photocopy with the Epson printer in question, please? Try it, a one-page photocopy, laid face-down on the scanner glass.

If you can, if the copy comes out fine without a problem, instead of saying 'out of paper' still, then it indicates a certain sort of problem. If you cannot, it's a different problem. Let me know, in Reply, when you've tried it, and I will help you further.

No, I’m still getting “out of paper” even though the paper fed through just fine.
I gotta the prompt about remotely connecting to the device. The problem is this is happening from every device I have.
got the

OK...

So photocopying doesn't work either. Same problem there.

That’s right

That means there is likely to be a paper presence sensor that is not registering the presence of paper. Please tell me, how old is the printer?

Right at 3 years old

I think it will need to be either repaired, or replaced, then - and it is not within warranty.

You may still try forcing a card through the paper path - if you can manage that. It is no likely to help, but it can be tried once.

Forcing a card through? Is there a sensor somewhere that should be cleaned?

It might be optical, yes, in which case blowing out the interior of the printer with air might help clean it.

The card would be for a switch-type sensor, and might dislodge a jammed switch of that type, perhaps... not likely though.

Ok thanks

Let me know how it goes, please. (If you're done with this case, though, would you be willing to rate my work and my answer?)

Since I have not heard back, I am assuming that my answer was helpful and provided what you needed to help toward a solution.

If I have indeed answered your question, please rate my answer, using the five-star interface on your JustAnswer page. - A five-star rating would be appreciated. Thank you.

(If this didn't answer your question, if you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond, and I will help you further to a solution.)