Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

MY PRINTER WILL NOT RECEIVE POWER. IP2702. ABOUT 2 WEEKS. I…

Customer Question
MY PRINTER WILL NOT...

MY PRINTER WILL NOT RECEIVE POWER.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

IP2702

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your printer?

ABOUT 2 WEEKS

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

I TRIED UPDATING BUT WITHOUT POWER IT COULD NOT UPDATE

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

IT IS LIKE IT IS NOT RECEIVING ELECTRICITY

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
11/27/2017
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 7 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Are you seeing any lights show on the printer at all?

Please let me know

NO
NO I CAN GET A NEW ONE FOR A LITTLE MORE.

Unfortunately, the issues you are experiencing are symptomatic of an internal hardware defect, meaning a faulty power supply or logic board. This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc).

This could also be the result of age related wear and tear, as a 2012 model, that type of failure wouldn’t be surprising as this machine was designed and built for only a 3 year service life.

There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation

unplug power at the wall outlet

wait 5 minutes

press and hold the power/on button for 60+ seconds

keep holding while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after, then release

If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure.

This is something that would require repairs to correct; at that point it is time for a new printer. While it can be fixed, it is not practical to do so. You'd be in the $150 range to have the internal power supply replaced, and a logic board would run you $200-250. For $80-100 you can replace the entire machine with a brand new model, with current technology and a fresh warranty, which makes more sense than buying the new part for an older printer.