Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have two Dell 3130cn printers (color laser) and both of…

Customer Question
Hi! I have...

Hi! I have two Dell 3130cn printers (color laser) and both of them now have toner cartridges that are stuck in them and won't come out. One has the yellow cartridge stuck and one has the cyan cartridge stuck. The other cartridges come out easily. I've tried powering the printer off and unplugging it for 10 minutes and the cartridge still won't budge.

Technician's Assistant: Is this the first time you've had to change the ink for your 3130CN?

No. These are old printers. Older than I've worked there (5 years +). They've been fine up until this year.

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to open the lid that covers the cartridges on your printer?

No error messages. I can open the front cover of the printer that exposes the cartridges.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Nothing that I can think of.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
11/27/2017
Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 4 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Hi Harry! I still need help but definitely no rush on this. If you can get me an answer sometime this week then I should be fine. I'm good until the toner runs out and then I will be in a pickle since I cannot change out the toner. The toner is at 5% but that could mean days or weeks. I've tried everything that I know to do other than maybe leaving it unplugged overnight. That was going to be my next attempted solution.

If you remove the toner cartridges that come out easy then try to remove the other ones that are stuck -- does it help at all?

Hi Harry, I'm pretty sure I tried that before. I just tried it on both printers and it didn't work. There are four toner cartridges in each printer. In both, I removed the three cartridges that remove easily but the stuck cartridge was still stuck. So I put the other cartridges back in.

Unfortunately, this type of issue requires someone to be on site to see where the cartridges are catching because the only other option is to use a lot of force to try and rip it out.

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. I was hoping you guys might have a trick that I hadn't thought of.

No trick unfortunately.

It is rare that it is happening on two printers with the same exact issue so maybe you can test it out on one of the printers to see if you are able to remove it and if there was something blocking it so that you can use that information on the second printer.

This is my first time using this service so I'm going to ask for a second opinion from another expert. I'm pretty sure that I'll get the same answer, but maybe it's worth a try.
I'm thinking that if I'm having the problem on two separate printers (same model) then this MUST be a common issue. Either that or this is a HUGE coincidence.
Technician: jeffreybongers, Engineer replied 4 months ago
jeffreybongers
jeffreybongers, Engineer

Hello, my name is***** will be assisting you today. Lets get started!

I'm so sorry for the extended wait time. Did you still need assistance with your issue?

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

No worries. Yes, I'm still having the issue with both printers. I'm hoping that maybe you've seen this issue before.

I understand.

Have you tried watching this tutorial? :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLLGbUv_0Ow

Please let me know how this goes.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

I hadn't seen that video before but it just shows removing cartridges normally. Each of these two printers have 3 of 4 cartridges that remove normally and one cartridge that will not come out. I was hoping one of you might know a trick for this? Since we're having this issue with two out of three printers then I figured this is probably a common issue with a common solution that someone must know of.

I understand.

Please can we make a appointment to get this solved. Kind regards,Jeffrey
Sure. I'm free today. Are you wanting to call me on the phone to discuss this? My phone is(###) ###-####

Yes, offcourse.

I am really sorry for the delay. Can we make a appointment for tomorrow please?

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

No worries. How about 10am CST? You can call me at(###) ###-#### Sound OK?

That sounds great!

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

I am available.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

Me too. Please call me at(###) ###-####

calling now

Can you please provide me the servicetage of the printer(s) please.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

Here they are:
JJLKFP1
3V0CQM1

Great, thank you.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

Hi Jeffrey,Just checking back. Do you have any suggestions on my printer issue?Thanks,Shawn

Hello Shawn,

Dell send me a form to sign, but I have followed up for a status 2 times already.

Please let me chase Dell again.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

jeffreybongers
jeffreybongers
jeffreybongers, Engineer