Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

We are having a problem printing with our WF-3620. in a

Customer Question
Good morning. We are...

Good morning. We are having a problem printing with our WF-3620. in a short three paragraph letter two lines are coming out smudged

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?

Usb

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I'm not sure. Our computer tech was here last week and may have updated it.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/27/2017
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 6 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

The problem is worse. I can hardly read several lines

Thanks

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

The ink holder is so far to the right i can't remove the cartridges

If you disconnect the power then connect it and power it on, does it move at all?

it has repositioned

ok, you can cut power to it when the printhead is within reach to do my instructions.

Performed procedure but no improvement

Thanks

It is the internal printhead that has faulted, this now confirms it

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you