Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I am an 86year old dummy. Had need to unplug my DX8450. Have…

Customer Question
I am an 86year old...
I am an 86year old dummy.Had need to unplug my DX8450. Have now reconnected and changed ink cartridges.Everything else seems to work, except that when attempting to print, the cartridge indicator shows no inks and and the printer refuses to print.I am using Windows 7.Ben.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
11/27/2017
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 7 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

No difference

Thanks

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.