Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I purchased a canon pixma mx 492 printer which came with a…

Customer Question
I purchased a canon...

I purchased a canon pixma mx 492 printer which came with a 490 installer. I cant finish the set up. At the point where it attempts to print a test page, a second window informs me the "printer is doing another operation"

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?

A 654bit hp desk top

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Pixma?

I just bought it today and tried twice to run the set up disk. Both times it locked up

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Whenever Microsoft sent an update

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I originally asked if the set up disk was the proper one for the 492 model. The disk included shows set up is for 490 models

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
11/27/2017
Technician: Md. Sadique, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

Why do I have to pay for something that appears to be a faulty set up disk that came with the new printer. Is there an update set up disk for the pixmamx 492 model?

It's not about the disc. We need to troubleshoot to find the real cause.

How is the printer connected to your computer?

via USB cable.

The printer is a wireless but my wife has a pacemaker so I need to use usb to connect. I had a model 490 so I just used the usb connector and power cord from the old model.

Would you like me to remote into your computer and work on the issue directly?