Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

When I try to copy a document on my MG5760 tells me that the…

Customer Question
When I try to...

When I try to copy a document on my MG5760 tells me that the paper doesn't match although the A4 Plain paper that is in the copier is what I have been using ever since I bought the machine

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

As I said in my message the machine is a Canon model MG5760

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your MG5760?

Since yesterday

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

I wasn't aware that I had to so how is it done?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
11/27/2017
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 7 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

The problem still exists after turning the machine off at the power point as you suggested. I can get a copy by scanning the document then printing the scan but that is a bit of a pain in the neck.

Thanks

On the actual printers, console go to the setup and choose reset and reset all settings

Tell me if it then copies please