Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

We had a storm last night and now my printer has the small…

Customer Question
We had a storm...

We had a storm last night and now my printer has the small red light on as well as the small blue light. Does this mean my printer is blown up/

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Sorry it is an EPSOM Workforce WF 3640

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your printer?

Only since last night when we had a huge electrical storm and the power was off

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

My computer is a HP and it updates automaticlly

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes please the printer was actually turned off due the power failure last night and when I turned it on this morning it makes a screeching sound

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
11/27/2017
Technician: Josh, Technician replied 7 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

With the printer powered on, remove the power cord from the back.

Wait 2 minutes

Plug back in the power cord and power it on

Do you still have the error?