Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Bought a new computer and under "add a printer", my (older)

Customer Question
Bought a new computer...

Bought a new computer and under "add a printer", my (older) HP Laserjet 1320 is not listed. What do I do?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

HP LaserJet 1320

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your printer?

There was no problem hooking up to printer with previous computer, but just bought an Acer and am unable to connect

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/27/2017
Technician: SorenX, Technician replied 7 months ago
SorenX
SorenX, Technician

Hi, my name is Chris!

Have you done anything else to try to install the printer?

went to 'add a printer' in settings; could not see the model under the list provided.

Okay, gotcha.

The LaserJet 1230 does not have a custom driver for Windows 10. It's just a little too old, unfortunately.

But there is a generic HP driver that you can try. If I got you a link for the download, do you think you could get it installed?

All right, give me just a few minutes to get that information for you. Please standby.

I assume you'll connecting the printer via a USB printer cable, is that correct?

Okay, you seem to to have stepped away from your computer, so I'll leave some information for you.

If you click on this link it will take you to the HP support page for your printer:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-laserjet-1320-printer-series/410622/model/410627

Expand the Driver USB heading and then download and install the HP LaserJet USB (DOT4) communication driver for Windows 8 and Higher (64-bit).

If that driver doesn't work for you, I'm afraid there are no other options. You'd simply need to purchase a newer printer that is compatible with Windows 10.

Let me know if you have any other questions on this.

NOTE: Before leaving this page, please use the rating box at the top of the page to rate the answer at least 3 STARS or better so that I receive credit for assisting you. Just click to rate.

Did you have any other questions on this?

If not, please remember to rate the answer 3 STARS or better at the top of the page to close out the question.