Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My printer quick working. I was addressing envelopes and it…

Customer Question
My printer quick working...

My printer quick working. I was addressing envelopes and it showed no paper available. Since then it will not print.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Epson Stylus Color 740.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your printer?

One week

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

I'm not sure, If ever,

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Printers
11/27/2017
Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 9 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I need help
Is the $39 in addition to the $36 I already put up?

Yes, it would be.

Will you just explain, in words how to solve my problem?

With the printer powered on, remove the power cord from the back.

Wait 2 minutes

Plug back in the power cord and power it on

Do you still have the error?

After a period of lost time, to answer your question, my printer will not work.
I did as you asked, and unplug the printer, waited 2 + minutes, plug it back in with no results.

Do you see any error message?

No. Where would that error message show up?

I am asking if you see any error messages or lights

There is no error message on my printer. The only light is a grren light showing that printer is on.

What happens when you try to print?

There is no response at all.

Is it connected through USB or Wi-Fi?

USB/. However, the computer is connected to WiFi

Unplug the USB from the computer

Plug it back in

Try to print now

It still will not print

Still nothing? No error? No sound?

Nothing.

Your printer was made in 1999 which would make it 18 years old. The fact that it has lived that long is amazing since most printers only last around 3 years. Not that you want to hear this but I would recommend replacing the printer instead of trying to repair it.

OK. Thank you. Good BYE

You're welcome -- I apologize that I had to deliver the bad news to you. Please understand that we do not like to deliver bad news because our rating on the site is based on the feedback of our customers so bad news situations are difficult to deal with. Thankfully, a large majority of our customers are understanding that we are just messengers in the situation and do not take it out on the rating system.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Technician: Joel Kalman, Engineer replied 9 months ago
Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Engineer

Hello. My name is Joel. I am sorry that you have been having difficulties. I can help you solve your problem if you still need assistance.

What are the make and model of your printer?

I wish you had told me that my printer was old to start with Thank goodness that I did not touch the securely connect botton or I would have another bill. What a deal. You kept me on the line for 2 or more hours and then told me my printer was too old. I want out of this membership. I not satisfied with any of this.

Is your computer a pc or a mac? What is your computer operating system?

I can show you how to install your printer drivers correctly so that your printer will work with a usb cable or wirelessly. We can do this interactively so that I can help you with the procedure, or I can do it for you in a secure remote session. There is an extra charge for this premium service.

No, thank you. I’m not interested in your services. I’m through with justanswer.com