Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a Canon iX6820 and a 2017 iMac with Parallels

Customer Question
I have a Canon...

I have a Canon iX6820 and a 2017 iMac with Parallels installed so that I can run CorelDraw. I am not able to print 11 x 17 pages from CorelDraw. How do I fix that?

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your IX6820: wirelessly or by USB?

USB

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

The computer is 2 weeks old.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Nothing I can think of.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
11/27/2017
Technician: Joel Kalman, Engineer replied 8 months ago
Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Engineer

Hello. I am pleased to assist you today. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem.

In Corel Draw select the Print command, then select your ix6820 printer. After you select your printer, which supports 11 x 17 printing, you should be able to select that paper size in the Corel Draw Print dialog box for your printer. (You can also select 11 x 17 in the Printing Preferences for your ix6820 printer.)

Thank you Joel, the CorelDraw dialog box does not have a paper size option. I have selected 11 x 17 in printing preferences, but it still prints the file on 8.5 x 11.

Thank you for your reply. I apologize for the delay in my response. My laptop computer was down, and it took a couple of days to repair. I cannot replicate your problem because I do not have an 11x17 printer. I was using my Excel spreadsheet application ss a stand-in for CorelDraw, because it is reasonable to assume that it would be a requirement to print large spreadsheets. Like your CorelDraw program, my Excel program does not allow 11x17 printing, but I thought that if and when an 11x17 capable printer were installed that would change.

I cannot help you with this. I m opting out to give you an opportunity to hear from other experts on this problem. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Technician: R Hefner, Computer Engineer and Instructor replied 8 months ago
R Hefner
R Hefner, Computer Engineer and Instructor

Hello my name is ***** ***** I would like to help you.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am researching the issue

Page size

There are two options for specifying a page size: choosing a preset page size and creating your own. You can choose from many preset page sizes, ranging from legal-size paper and envelopes to posters and Web pages. If a preset page size does not meet your needs, you can create a custom page size by specifying a drawing’s dimensions.

You can save custom page sizes as presets for later use, and you can delete any custom preset page sizes that you no longer need.

I did not realize that this was a paid page. I still have free support from Apple, and am going there. FYI, I do not have the option you described in my dialogue box.

Thank you for the information. If Apple is not able to help with the situation please come back to this paid service for assistance.