Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

PRINT IS NOT HIGH CONTRAST TEST PAGE SHOWS LIGHT

Customer Question
PRINT IS NOT HIGH...

PRINT IS NOT HIGH CONTRAST TEST PAGE SHOWS LIGHT CHARACCTERS

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

BROTHER MFC2740DW

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your MFC2740DW?

SEEMS TO BE GETTING LIGHTER, EVEN WITH NEW TONER

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

USING GOOGLE WHCH JUST UPDATED. HAVE NOT DONE ANY HP UPDATES THAT I REMEMEBER

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

JUST NEED BETTER B&W WHEN I PRINT

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
11/26/2017
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 7 months ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The drum is probably wearing out, if the print is getting lighter with time at a gradual rate, if the drum is fairly old, and if the problem is most concentrated away from the page's edges.

Replace the drum with a suitable replacement, according to the instructions, being careful not to expose the new drum to direct lighting for more than a minute and a half per half hour or so, and not touching the drum surface either, with fingers or anything else... and the problem should be solved at once.

- If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated. Thank you.

(-If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.)

i ordored a new drum as you suggested.. I am not happy that you offer an answer for $5.00 and then bill me for about $25.00.
if I signed up for any kind of contract I will pay the one-time charge only and will reject any other charges.

I hope the new drum will cure the problem. Or if it has been tried, did it fix it?

As to your concern about billing amounts, I'm sorry to hear that... I myself have no power over charges, billing, no access to your credit information. For all such concerns I must refer you to Customer Support at JustAnswer.com. They may be reached at

***@******.***

or through Chat or Phone by way of this page:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

Thank you for asking your question here at JustAnswer.com.

I realize that you are there to provide tech advice and I Thank you.. I solve most of my own problems. Have a good day

I hope that I solved your problem, and yes, I'm here for the customer and their technical problems in my field. It's good to encounter an understanding of that. Thank you for asking your question here at JustAnswer.