Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I WASPRINTING MANUAL OUTPUT AND A GREY LINE APPEARED DOWN…

Customer Question
HI I WASPRINTING MANUAL...

HI I WASPRINTING MANUAL OUTPUT AND A GREY LINE APPEARED DOWN THE RIGHT HAND SIDE. IT WAS FINE YESTERDAY ON AUTO PRINT. I TRIED AUTO PRINT TODAY AND THE SAME LINE APPEARED IS IT A NEW DRUM NEEDEDOR CLEN THE DRUM PZ

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

HOLD PLESE

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your printer?

THIS LAST PRINT THIS MORNING PRINTER HLL2340DW

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

WINDOWS HASNT DONE AN AUTO UPDATE

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I THINK THAT COVERS THE INFO I CAN SUPPLY AT THE MINUTE

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
11/26/2017
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 7 months ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Merely as you state it, a gray line, may be a bad drum or some other component.

Tell me the printer's maker and model #. Also tell me whether the gray line appears in the same place each time. Also tell me, in Reply To Expert, whether the line appears also in photocopied output as well as printed-from-computer output.