Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

The paper is jamed and i cant get it out/ the screen says to…

Customer Question
The paper is jamed...

The paper is jamed and i cant get it out/ the screen says to open the ADF door - I did that .

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

How do I remove the paper now?

Technician's Assistant: The Printer Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been going on with your printer?

The Printer is HP Officejet 8600

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

I never did since I baught it about 2 years ago

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
11/26/2017
Technician: Electronics Pete, Engineer replied 8 months ago
Electronics Pete

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Did any paper recently get stuck inside the printer?

If the printer is indicating a problem with the ADF then possibly there is a torn piece of paper stuck inside the ADF feeder, or a small staple or paperclip may have gotten inside there.

You will need to check thoroughly that nothing is obstructing the ADF feeder.

Let me know what you find...

--------------------
Happy Holidays!
Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------