Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I am unable to remove the tone cartridges, and there's a…

Customer Question
I am unable to...

I am unable to remove the tone cartridges, and there's a message saying to close the top cover. It's closed, but the right side does not look like it closes properly. What do I do?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

MFC 9325CW, Brother

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Brother printer?

Just this evening

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Today! Problems with computer. Hard drive was erased and restored; OS was reinstalled.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
11/26/2017
Technician: Donna French, Programmer replied 7 months ago
Donna French
Donna French, Programmer

Hi there, my name is ***** ***** I am one of the experts here on JustAnswer.com. Please give me a minute to review the details of your issue. Is there any other info that you’d like me to know before we move forward?

There are actually 3 different areas of this printer model that make it give you the error to "close the top cover". Please review the following 3 scenarios and check that each have been closed: http://support.brother.com/g/b/faqend.aspx?c=ca&lang=en&prod=mfc9130cw_us&faqid=faq00002411_020

Let me know the status of your issue after you complete checking all three areas in the above documentation. If you still are having issues please give me the details so that I may troubleshoot with you.

I closed all 3 covers again. However, I am unable to remove the toner cartridges as earlier stated. I believe this is the source of the problem, as the front cover doesn't appear to be closing properly/all the way.
For $39 do you guarantee you can fix it?

Hi there, I have been offline for a while today. Let me do some more research about your issue to see if I can find other solutions. What is the $39 you are asking about?