Donna French
Donna French, Programmer
Experience:  IT Professional at That Computer Girl
98387021

I have a loptop question. I'm trying to determine of an HP

Customer Question

Hi I have a loptop question
JA: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?
Customer: I'm trying to determine of an HP Envy 15-aq273cl has the screen digitizer necessary to support an active pen
JA: What have you tried so far with your Envy? Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: It is a present. I don't want to open it
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, just this
Category: Printers
Expert:  Donna French replied 10 months ago.

Hi there, my name is ***** ***** I am one of the experts here on JustAnswer.com. Please give me a moment to review your issue.

There are none listed as supported on the HP site so I'm going to say no. I did more extensive research and nothing gave me any indication that this will work for you. If you'd like to check the list by HP yourself, you can visit it at: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05166879

Please let me know if you have any further questions about this issue. Thank you for using JustAnswer.com!

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Donna:I checked the HP site before asking you. The HP technical support person at Costco said it would support a pen with a software upgrade. The trouble with the HP web is they list devices they are selling pens with, however the question is if the display has the digitizer necessary for pen support (no amount of software upgrades would fix this). The HP site does not have sufficient information to determine if a display includes the digitizer and therefore I'm looking for a true expert who knows the internal details of the HP model I've referenced. At present I'm unsatisfied with your answer since you have not provided any information I did not already know. Please answer to the question.Cheers,Paul

Hi Paul, I'm afraid I am not able to find exact specs for your model of the Envy so maybe it would be best to contact HP directly?