Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I am using Adobe Illustrator to create a label design, which…

Customer Question
I am using Adobe...

I am using Adobe Illustrator to create a label design, which has a lavender gradient. When I print, the design is VERY blue. When I print the same file on a production printer it is the right lavender colour. How do I adjust the colour?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Aficio SP C430DN

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Aficio?

I just installed it today.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Running Windows 7, 64bit. Not sure about updates.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
11/26/2017
Technician: Donna French, Programmer replied 8 months ago
Donna French
Donna French, Programmer

Hi there, my name is ***** ***** I am one of the experts here on JustAnswer.com. Please give me a moment to review your issue. Is there anything else you would like to tell me about your Aficio printer?

What type of AI file are you printing from? (PDF, AI, etc.)

And is Document Color Mode set to CMYK?

I'm printing directly from the Illustrator file. I get the same "blue" results if I print the PDF created from the Illustrator file. Yes, document is set to CMYK.

Okay, and will you double check View > Overprint Preview for me right quick to make sure there is nothing hidden there?

Nothing is hidden there. The exact same file prints perfectly on our large production printer. That printer produces a printed colour which is very close to the colour on the monitor. This Ricoh though is printing very heavy on cyan. Is there not some kind of calibration adjustment I can do?
It's nearly 2am here, so I'm heading to bed, but I need to reconnect tomorrow to get this working. Thanks.

There are quite a few steps to getting color matching correctly when printing vs your monitor and multiple devices. Here is an outline that may help you then we can troubleshoot any steps that you have not completed or need help with: https://help.adobe.com/en_US/creativesuite/cs/using/WS37C6D4EA-9407-4954-9A03-92735E070188.html

Also, have you adjusted the color settings on the printer or calibrated it?

Here is the link for the online manual for your printer and to be more specific, color correction adjustments: http://support.ricoh.com/bb_v1oi/pub_e/oi_view/0001039/0001039357/view/hardware/unv/index_chap_08.htm

Thank you. I will do a calibration first and see what I can do with the link you supplied. I will be back to you tomorrow. Thanks again.

Okay, and you are very welcome. Please know that I am only online in the evenings during the week so please be patient for a response tomorrow.

Hi there, were you able to get the settings corrected or do you need further assistance?