Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I was having a problem with my printer working, talked to a…

Customer Question
I was having a...

I was having a problem with my printer working, talked to a man there last night and he said may be out. Of date driver for printer, so today I click on HP utilities and start the actions of updating drivers showed 5 were outdated, then there is number to call, they are alike are/driverupdate and man tried to e

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?

Okay last night I was trying to get my printer to work everything has worked up until I changed internet providers my laptop was still working up until today I went through support with Microsoft last night and a gentleman there said I may have outdated driver for the printer so I went to HP utilities today and went through the scanning process it showed five devices or whatever drivers are outdated then there is a phone number to call it turns out that who I called was slimware driver update and the gentleman there try to get me to pay $99 for him to make my printer work and at that point I couldn't even get online on my laptop any longer I did not have any problem with the laptop before today now I don't know what to do no use of laptop and printer still not working

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Actually I have never updated the printer driver software

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No I think that I have pretty much explained how everything transpired

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I did pay. Driverupdate $29 in order for them to fix and I got to a screen that says it is downloading but nothing is happening in download bar, nothing I am now trying to find job or order number form last night the man gave me
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/26/2017
Technician: Joel Kalman, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Engineer

Hello. I am pleased to assist you today. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem.

If you cannot get online with your laptop, what platform are you communicating on in this chat session?

You fell for a driver update scam which scans all the drivers on your computer when what you needed was to reinstall only the HP drivers for your printer. The mistake that you made was to select a third-party driver website that was not the official HP support website. At least you did not pay them the $99. You are only out $29 as of now, which you should be able to get back by contacting your credit card company and claiming that you were a victim of fraud. The problem is that your laptop has been compromised. I can help you work on that. What is the computer operating system on the laptop? On the device you are communicating with now? What are the make and model of your printer? Do you have a wireless network? Is your printer connected wirelessly?

I am on my tablet, so far this program has updated4 of the 5 drivers?????? I don't know what to think. You could also be a scam for all I know, I clicked microsoft supportbutgot justanswers???? Can't trust anybody