Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

It seems toi have wireless connection ok but wont print It…

Customer Question
It seems toi have...

It seems toi have wireless connection ok but wont print It used to be ok but I changed Telstra data package and now it wont print even though it seems like it is connected fine

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?

WIRELESS

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Hmm, not sure we had it for some time before connecting it up

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

How would I do thast

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
11/26/2017
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 8 months ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
The matter sounds like a standard question of doing some changes to your printer's software on your computer.

- Is your computer a Windows PC? or an Apple computer, please?

- And, what maker and model # is your printer? e.g. Canon or HP, and MX492, or Pro 8600, etc.?

If you wish I can try remotely connecting to your computer - with your approval only - and see to getting a way worked out through this problem, for a small additional fee.

If you would rather not, then I can also instruct you toward a solution, somewhat more slowly.

Let me know which approach you would prefer, and I will help you as needed.

Hi Russell
Its an Epson and I am on Windows Pc ( lap top)
What is additional fee for remote
Perhaps you can talk me through it please

OK...

The additional fee for remote service can vary, and I (generally speaking) can not set prices.

What model of Epson printer is it, please? look on the manufacturer's label on the back side or the underside of the printer.

Sorry Russell
Its an Epson Artisan 730
Are you there Russell?

I am still here, yes.

Please go, on your computer, to

Control Panel

then to System & Security

then to System

and tell me what Windows version is shown there?

Did that but nothing under Systems and Security??

How about just searching for 'System' ?

Windows 7 Professional, its an old laptop!!
Need any more from System

Thanks, ***** ***** look for System Type, there, see whether it is 32-bit, or 64-bit. ?

64 Bit Operating System

Good. Give a bit of time, to prepare a procedure for your to try, that may well help.

But first: is the printer connected to WiFi? if not, it should be so connected, to the new WiFi from Telstra service.

it is connected according to the wifi indicator light and the signal showing connected

Good!

Then here's the procedure to try, on your Windows 7 laptop and with reference to the Epson printer in question:

1. First, disconnect the printer, turn it off and unplug it from the power. Leave it that way throughout the following, until you are instructed to connect it up again by the installation software routine (or, at least, by that routine having completely ended and finished and exited etc.)

So: turn off, unplug your printer.

2. Go to your computer, to the Start button, then to Control Panel, and remove all entries for your printer and its series in Devices And Printers, by clicking on each icon (or entry) and deleting. (In this case, if there are any scanners shown, or any Epson devices, select and then delete those, also.)

3. Then go to Control Panel, Programs, Programs And Features, and use Uninstall (or Change) to get rid of all programs specific to your printer.

4. Then, reboot your computer: shut it down and start it up again.

5. Then, go to
https://epson.com/Support/Printers/All-In-Ones/Artisan-Series/Epson-Artisan-730/s/SPT_C11CB18201?review-filter=Windows+7+64-bit
and click once on the DOWNLOAD flag next to the

Drivers and Utilities Combo Package

label, and follow the download process, getting the driver onto your disk, and completing the download and then starting the driver installation program and following through the process.

Let me know, if there's any problem along the way with this process. I will help through it as needed.

(Note: rating my answer is not necessary until the case is complete and you have tried my answer.)

Hi Russell
Awaiting your procedure
Cheers

I posted it over an hour ago, here it is again:

So: turn off, unplug your printer.

5. Then, go to

Drivers and Utilities Combo Package

25/11/2017 07:42

Thanks Russell
Going through process now

Good. I hope - and I somewhat expect - that it will help with the problem.

Let me know how it goes, and if at any point you need further help with any aspect, let me know.

Only issue is it is now asking for a USB connection from Computer to printer, I selected wireless during the process
Don't have a USB cord here
I

I see - that would be for a temporary USB connection to the computer, so that the computer can configure the printer to connect to your router.

But - since the printer is already connected to the router according to what you have already said - perhaps that step can be Skipped over?

If not, then the USB cable will be needed for the printer's configuration. If there's a 'manually configure the printer' option, choose that - since you have already done so apparently.

Yep Will try

OK. I'll still be here, though in my time-zone it is getting a bit late.

Hi Russell
The installation goes ok till it searches for printer and cannot find it
When I look in devices there is no Epsom printer added back yet
I’m at a loss what to do now
Clearly the installation has not completed so it cannot find a printer that is not there
I’m lost

I'm sorry to hear that. You will probably have to go back to the beginning and try it again, when you have a USB cable to try it with.

(Or try very temporarily turning Off your firewall to search for the printer, then turn it On again immediately that is done, regardless of results. It might help...?)

When you get that USB cable, be sure to get in touch with me again so that I can help you further, at any stage, by going to

http://www.justanswer.com/printers/atu4l-seems-toi-wireless-connection-ok-wont-print.html

Ok thanks Russell
Will try through a USB
I get to the stage where it doesn’t recognise the IP, but it is correct I’ve triple checked it
Will be in touch

When it doesn't recognize the IP though it is correct, that means either

A. the printer is actually not capable, RE WiFi, i.e. is 'broken' in the WiFi, or

B. the network path to the printer's WiFi is blocked by the computer's Firewall.

I hope the regular setup with a USB cable used at one point to configure the printer, works out. Let me know eventually please.

I will try the USB connection next and let you know how I go

OK... good to hear from you by the way.

Thanks and cheers

Right, OK.