Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Have a HP 4160 stopped printing power button and the yellow…

Customer Question
hi have a HP 4160...
hi have a HP 4160 stopped printing
power button and the yellow arrow button are flashing
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
11/25/2017
Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

With the printer powered on, remove the power cord from the back.

Wait 2 minutes

Plug back in the power cord and power it on

Do you still have the error?

Lights are not flashing
Can u walk me through reprogramming my lap to the printer

Are all of the lights solid?

The power light is solid
I have been here b4
Once I go to print it's not accepting the job or should I say it sends the job but the printer doesn't print it

The power light is solid but what about the Wi-Fi icon?

Where is the wi-Fi icon
I'm terrible at this type of electrical stuff that's why I paid to have u walk me through and trouble shoot
When I click my laptop the job gets scanned and looks like it's being sent to the printer but nothing is happening in past the printer would click as job sent and then start pronting

Did it work previously?

of course
Occasionally my son disconnects my laptop and uses his Mac to print
I'm thinking it is an issue from lap to to printer not recognizing the job

Is the printer connected via USB or Wi-Fi?

R u there??
Harry?
I guess you r looking into this for me. I paid for tech support to solve this issue. Pls help

Did you unplug the USB then plug it back into the computer again?

Of course

Did you add it back on your computer?

Yes I disconnected all wires b4 I paid for technical support.

No, did you add the printer back to your computer through the add/remove option?

I'm going to say No
Bc I don't know what you mean by add/remove option

What is your operating system?