Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I don't find the option for double sided printing on my

Customer Question
I don't find the...

I don't find the option for double sided printing on my brother mfc-9130

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?

Mac

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your MFC-9130?

Since i bought it - refurbished by brother - two weeks ago. it never vworked

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Mac osx 10.7.5 -- there is no more update to it. my old printer had no issues with duplex operation - it was just "old"

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
11/25/2017
Technician: Josh, Technician replied 4 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

1. From an application, such as Apple TextEdit, click the File menu, and then select Print.
  2. Select Brother MFC-XXXX (where XXXX is your model name).

(For Mac OS X v10.6.8)
    For more page setup options, click the disclosure triangle beside the Printer pop-up menu.

(For OS X v10.7.x or later)
    For more page setup options, click the Show Details button.

3. Click the Orientation button that matches the way you want the document to print.
  4. For automatic 2-sided printing, do the following:

1. Click the application pop-up menu, and then select Layout.
      The Layout setting options appear.
    2. Select the Short-Edge binding or Long-Edge binding option for the Two-Sided print setting.
    3. Change other printer settings, if needed.
    4. Click Print.

Hello!

I just wanted to take a moment to check back with you to see if you need more assistance. If you are all set, I would appreciate it if you could take a moment to rate my service with 5 stars, at the top of the page. If you need further assistance, just let me know using the reply box provided so we can work together to solve the issue.

Thank you!

Josh, Technician