Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

ALL OF THE SUDDEN IT WONT SCAN. IT ASYS ON MY COMPUTER I…

Customer Question
ALL OF THE SUDDEN...

ALL OF THE SUDDEN IT WONT SCAN

Technician's Assistant: Is there an error code on your printer when you try to scan?

IT ASYS ON MY COMPUTER I NEED A WIA DRIVER BUT IT HAS ALWAYS WORKED BEFORE TODAY

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

NEVER HAVE

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
11/24/2017
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed with any troubleshooting,please once unplug your device from the wall outlet wait for 2 minutes and plug it back in.
Let me know when this is done.

Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

Also please provide the model number of your printer.

It is an hp envy 7640 and I have plugged it back in
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

Awesome and what computer is it?

Is it a Windows 10 operating system?

Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

Great! and how is it connected to your computer is that through WiFi or through USB?

Usb
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

Awesome! and do you get any error messages?

On the printer it says no computer found
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

Alright, please once reboot your computer then and try to scan let me know if the issue persists.

I’m getting the same messages no computer found on the printer and I need a wia driver on the compnter
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

Alright,please hold I will send you a link.

Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-7640-e-all-in-one-printer-series/6617267/model/6617268

GO to the above link and download the HP ENVY 7640 e-All-in-One Printer series Full Feature Software and Drivers

and install it please.

I still get the same results
I can print from my computer but can’t scan
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

Can I connect to your computer remotely and check with this.

That will cost me more money?
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

Yes, but if the issue is not resolved the money will be refunded to you.

No thanks
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

Alright. then let's give a try to make it work through chat instructions.

Ok
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

When you download and run that file please let me know what you went through?

I got that download from a hp support message on my computer which the same as you said
I am sorry I have run out of time to fix this. I will have to try again another time. Thank you for your help
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

You're Welcome