Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My printer is jammed and i can not get at the ink

Customer Question
My printer is jammed...

My printer is jammed and i can not get at the ink cartridges

Technician's Assistant: What's the model of your printer?

Mx922

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to open the lid that covers the cartridges on your printer?

I am getting error messages and it is saying something is jammed and no paper is jammed but i cannot open the ink cartridge as it is jammed to the far right. I can open the little corner door, right front, but the ink will not move to the left.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
error code is 6000
The ink cartridge is jammed in the far right corner and it won't slide over to the left. I think maybe one cartridge is jammed or not in correctly.
Is a technician there and working on my question?
11/24/2017
Technician: Tech Ben, Information Systems Manager replied 7 months ago
Tech Ben
Tech Ben, Information Systems Manager
Experience: 15+ years of experience as an Information Systems Manager; responsible for overseeing computer and network systems, installation and maintenance, troubleshooting hardware and software issues, etc.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer

I'm Kumar and I'll assist you today.

This indicates a carriage fault. That can be caused by anything from debris/obstruction (paper jam, bent/damaged rails, out of place purge assembly/wiper, or dirty/dislocated encoder strip) to an actual hardware defect (bad sensor or control board, faulty carriage drive motor/gear/belt, bad printhead/carriage pcb).

What we can try here are some cleaning and reset steps.

First, open up the printer, and check for any internal debris such as scraps of paper, paperclip or staple, etc. Check if you’re able to move the carriage manually, or if it moves on its own when lifting the lid. If it does move, you can proceed with cleaning by blowing out the inside compartment with compressed air and checking carefully on both sides for any obstructions. Then wipe down the encoder strip, which is a clear plastic strip running the width of the printer, that sits just slightly above and behind the carriage.

Then reset the machine:

unplug power at the wall outlet
wait 5 minutes
press and hold the power/on button for 60+ seconds
keep holding while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after, then release

Let me know the results, and I’ll advise further if needed.

Thanks,

Kumar

The cartridge does not move freely to the left. This is a new printer and we have no access to get to the cartridges.
Secure connection will not help with the printer. We need to manually move the cartridges.

No, I do not need a Secure Connection. Is the printer powered on and did you try the suggestions I provided above?

Obviously, this is not working, so you can credit my account and I will get my answer else where.

Okay. I'll opt out. That's not a problem. A new expert can get in touch with you.

How do we release the ink cartridges unit stuck in the right corner?
Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

the ink cartridges will not slide to the left and they seem to be jammed in the lower right corner.

Unplug the power cord

Use your hand to move the carriage across