Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Wf-2530 lights blinking and wont let me in showing printer…

Customer Question
Wf-2530 lights blinking and...

Wf-2530 lights blinking and wont let me in showing printer error documentation

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

WF 2530 epson

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Epson printer?

4 days

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

My wife update on the 10 th to windows 10

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No just wanna fix it

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Printers
11/24/2017
Technician: P. Kumar, Information Systems Manager replied 5 months ago
P. Kumar
P. Kumar, Information Systems Manager

Thanks for choosing Just Answer.

I'm Kumar and I'll assist you today.

Can you please confirm the age of the printer? Are all the lights flashing?

Thanks,

Kumar

4years old
I just wasted money and fix thank you

Sorry. I'm here. Are all the lights flashing?

ADF and documentation

Did you try rebooting the system in the below mentioned way :

Pull the Electronic Power Cable.

Press and HOLD the power button for 60 seconds.

Pull the power cord but do not release hold on power button

Release HOLD and turn on the device.

One more question : when did it start happening? You mentioned something about windows 10? Did you upgrade to Windows 10 and this issue started appearing ?

just did that and have the same problem
if the printer died and gave up the ghost then I wont waste any more time

I'm try to see if we can recover your printer.

wife upgraded 5 days ago and that's when this all started

Can you please install the driver and check if resolves the issue?

Sending driver files now.

we did that too and no luck

Okay. To be very true. As per EPSON's documentation, all lights blink is a FATAL Error. That implies one of the sensors is gone.

However, as the description you have shared there does not seem a mechanical problem.

ok I'm done thank you and have a nice day

All lights flashing is called a "Fatal Error" This is PER EPSON. I use to see this weekly from people that had a paper jam. When you un-jam the paper, I'm guessing you pulled it out the way it went in. What happens when you do this, is you actually pull the paper sensor out of it's cradle. Therefore it sees that the sensor is not functioning properly, giving you a fatal error. If I remember correctly it is quite a pain to get the sensor back where it belongs. IF you are mechanical and want to give it a try, just be careful and remember where everything goes. Write it down or something.

Look into the slot where you feed the paper in. you may be able to see the sensor with a flashlight. It's impossible for me to walk you through this, but if you want to try, now you know what to look for.

If this was an inexpensive printer. ($50-$60) Personally, I would get another printer instead of trying to fix it. From a service point of view, the labor to fix this if you brought it into my shop would be more than a new printer. Providing it was a cheaper model.

John, Computer Science Engineer