Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My printer and MAC are not communicating. I downloaded a…

Customer Question
My printer and MAC...

My printer and MAC are not communicating. I downloaded a driver, but no luck

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Brother J5830DW

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your J5830DW?

THis morning

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on your model

IDK

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

My operating system is OSX YOSEMITE 101.10.5

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Printers
11/24/2017
Technician: Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist replied 9 months ago
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please follow the instructions given below.

1. Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
  2. Choose Print & Fax (or Print & Scan) or Printers & Scanners.
  3. Hold down the Control key as you click in the list at the left, then choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears.
  4. Then, click the + (plus sign that you see on the Printers & Scanners. window, and not on the keyboard) sign to add printer. Select your printer from the list.
    Note : Make sure that you are resetting the printing system before adding the printer.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

Customer/p>