Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I cannot close the lid of my printer, it seems to be stuck.

Customer Question
Second opinion] I cannot...

Second opinion] I cannot close the lid of my printer, it seems to be stuck

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

HP ENVY 5530

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your printer?

Just now

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Never

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I just opened the lid to remove a piece of paper that was too small and now the lid won't close

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
11/24/2017
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 7 months ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

A lid like that gets stuck, usually because the hinges are twisted (so the lid won't fit down again in place properly, after it is opened), or else, because there is a piece of some material obstructing the closing - or sometimes both things, if a piece came off the hinges!

Examine the hinges first for looseness, or malpositioning with regard to each other.

Then also examine all around the lid, where it fits onto the rest of the print, and see whether there is any object, loose part of the printer, etc., that might be obstructing the lid settling back into place.

Let me know (in Reply To Expert) what you find out by these examinations, and I will advise you further as necessary.