Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I have a BROTHER FAX-8327MC Series. I have had the Message

Customer Question

I have a BROTHER FAX-8327MC Series. I have had the Message Centre on it for a very long time, but I find that I get a persistent caller I do not want. How can I cancel the message on the machine pls? Thanks Margaret
JA: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?
Customer: The message is on my FAX-837MC model for people when they ring in, but I am getting someone being a nuisance and wish to cancel message I put on. Is this possible pls? Margaret
JA: How long has this been going on with your FAX-8327MC?
Customer: What exactly do you mean?
JA: The Printer Technician will be able to walk you through that. When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?
Customer: I cannot remember. Bought the machine a few years' back which has been wonderful, but as I say having left it so tht people can leave me a message is fine if it is someone you want to hear from??
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No do not think so
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 12 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

To cancel a fax, one usually presses STOP, or CANCEL, depending upon the buttons available on the model.

If the fax is being automatically received, as opposed to being manually received, this is necessary, at minimum... if the fax is set on Manual Receive, of course, you have to press a button to actually receive the fax, to actually have the machine pick up on the incoming call... so if on Manual Receive, you just avoid pressing any button when you see the offensive number on your caller ID.

On your model, I think you should try pressing STOP or CANCEL, but, I am not sure, because I cannot identify your Brother fax model... it comes up not found in searches. If you Reply To Expert with the exact model # off the manufacturer's label on the back side of the machine, I can offer more specific and certain advice on this question.

(- Of course, another alternative is simply to Block that caller #, using controls offered by your phone company, or by contacting your phone service provider and telling them to block that incoming number.)

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated. Thank you.

(If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.)