Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

It's an Officejet Pro 8610 and stuck on "canceling print"

It's an Officejet Pro...

It's an Officejet Pro 8610 and stuck on "canceling print" for 2 days, and not even turning off/unplugging or anything else will correct it. Unable to do anything and printer hasn't done anything either.

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?

Wirelessly

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Unsure, but not long ago with Geek Squad.

Answered in 1 minute by:
11/24/2017
Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

You are at www.justanswer.com services.
I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.

What Operating System (OS) is running on the computer?

Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert
Unsure. I am not tech minded and my book & information on printer was misplaced during the hurricane.
When we are thru is it possible to have an email statement sent of total cost for my records? Thanks!

Follow these steps
Click here for remote assistance
in the page that opens you will see just answer remote desktop..scroll down the page and click on i agree
it will download a file Elsinore screen connect exe at bottom of screen
once its downloaded, open\run the file ..you can double click on it to run it
once it starts to run it will ask do you want to allow the file to make changes...say yes to it

HELP! Having trouble following instruction to connect withmyjustanswer

i will guide you

click here

in the page that opens click on i agree

let me know once you have done that

if you wish i can call you and guide you. let me know your phone number

I'll try a call. Maybe I can understand then.

let me know your phone number

It should be on record, but it's(###) ###-####

give me a minute here while i call you

got your voice mail

don't know why. It's fully charged & working fine for all other calls. Give me your number & I'll call you.

it will be a long distance call

let me try again

Customer hi michelle this sideCustomer plese turn off the printerCustomer please turn off the printerCustomer let me know once done
Guest: HOW? Can't find switch.Customer on the printer do you see the power on button
Guest: NOCustomer okCustomer is it printing a test page
Guest: NoCustomer okCustomer is there anything showing on the printer display
Guest: Not respondingCustomer ok..check the lower left corner of printer
Guest: Still showing circle around X and words canceling print...Customer there will be a power button.. a line cutting a circle
Guest: Power light onCustomer find the power buttonCustomer i will mouse over itCustomer do you see it
Guest: I KNOW where it is! It is ON.Customer can you keepit pressed for 10 secs..it will turn off
Guest: Now I learned something new! Thanks.Customer is it off now
Guest: yesCustomer okCustomer now press that power button again and it will turnonCustomer let me know once its on
Guest: ok it's on & powering upCustomer okCustomer is it printing
Guest: Printed test pageCustomer ok. now try printing something yourselfCustomer let me know if it prints or not
Guest: Ok done all okCustomer great..its all set up correctly nowCustomer let me know if you have any other questions
Guest: How do I replace the book and instructions on using my printer and fax?Customer do you want a usermanual for this printer
Guest: Yes!Customer okCustomer i have placed it on your desktop
Guest: I see.
Guest: THANKS! You have been so patient and helpful. May I go now? Hope you have agood rest of evening.Customer thanks. i will now exit fromthe session