Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Said I needed to replace black ink, I went to Office Max and…

Customer Question
Said I needed to...

Said I needed to replace black ink, I went to Office Max and bought the Brother ink that matched what was in the printer. I installed it and it still says replace ink, I have removed and reinstalled several times with no success.

Technician's Assistant: What's the model of your printer?

MFC-J480DW work smart series.

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to open the lid that covers the cartridges on your printer?

When I open the front cover with the 4 ink containers it says replace ink and says cannot print and this gives me the number for the ink.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of, thanks!

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Printers
11/24/2017
Technician: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 9 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

Just in the past week