Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

WHEN I PRINT IT SAYS TO REMOVE JAM PAPER AND PRESS COPY. BUT…

Customer Question
WHEN I PRINT IT...

WHEN I PRINT IT SAYS TO REMOVE JAM PAPER AND PRESS COPY . BUT THERE IS NO JAMMED PAPER

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

XP220

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your printer?

OVERNIGHT

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

NEVER AS FAR AS I KNOW

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

NO THATS IT

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
11/23/2017
Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 8 months ago
Aparna Indresh

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 8 months ago

May I know how old is your printer?

2 years
that more than the printer cost
Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 8 months ago

IF you are getting any pop up for remote or phone call assistance they are automatic popups if you don't want you can ignore them.

ok
Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 8 months ago

Try to follow these steps :

With the printer powered on, remove the power cord from the back.

Wait 2 minutes

Plug back in the power cord and power it on

Do you still have the error? Please let me know what happens.

ok will let you know
still the same
Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 8 months ago

Okay, Have you tried removing ink cartridges and putting them back.

turn off the printer after you do that.

Turn the printer back on.

As soon as you hear the ink carriage moving, unplug the printer from power completely.

Inspect the printer JUST IN CASE there is debris causing an issue.Let me know if it works.

still the same
Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 8 months ago

Sorry for the delayed response may I know if you are still facing the same issue?