Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Canon Pixma ip 4820 Inkjet Printer. Canon Pixma ip 4820

Customer Question
Canon Pixma ip 4820...

Canon Pixma ip 4820 Inkjet Printer

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Canon Pixma ip 4820 Inkjet Printer - Black Line along back of item being printed - plain paper and Matte Papers - I've tried to use the Cleaning Software a number of times - how many times is it safe to keep using it. A month or so ago the same thing happened - I used the Cleaning Software and it worked until now. I am 85 and legally blind. I love this printer as it loads from the top and changing cartridges is easy. If I could buy a new one I would do it and let 'Old Faithful" as I call it to Printer heaven. I have to print 200 Christmas Cards so I am becoming desperate.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Nothing that I can think of

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
11/23/2017
Technician: Karthik, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. May I know whether you made any hardware changes like ink cartridges or change the print head?

It was making the lines before I put in a new Black cartridge
I don't want to pay $52 to be told I need a new print head. I think I told you that I am 85 and legally blind. Your light green and white wording i can only guess what is being said.

If the printer is not printing properly, either there might be some clog in the print head. In this case we can try cleaning the print head. I have attached a video of how to clean the print head. Please click the link below: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEkKGBUSwNg

Note: Don't worry about the model number of the printer, the cleaning process of Canon print head are same.

If that doesn't work or if any other steps is unclear please let me know, So that we can try some other alternate solution. Thank you